These last few months have been almost surreal for so many. It’s been stressful. It’s been hectic. It’s been scary. And, for a lot of people, summer vacations and other plans have had to be cancelled. And because of that, lots of people are itching to get away and find a sliver of tranquility in the midst of so much chaos. We’re happy to be a solace for so many of our guests who experience not only our bed and breakfast, but our little town as well.
Just being available and open isn’t enough though. And so we have read and discussed for months what procedures were needed in order to ensure the safety of each guest and ourselves as well. Here is what we’re doing to address COVID at The Peaceful Pelican:
- Everyone who helps in the kitchen wears a mask and gloves while preparing food. Only staff is permitted in the kitchen during breakfast time.
- To limit guest access to the kitchen, utensils are kept in the dining room in wrappers as well as bowls, mugs, glasses, wine glasses, and bottle opener. Should you need something additional during your stay, please ask a member of staff.
- A bottle of hand sanitizer is located on the coffee bar for guest use.
- The dining room is disinfected before and after guests have breakfast.
- Procedures for disinfecting common areas have been put into place.
- Guest room maid service has been suspended to ensure your party are the only ones who will be coming into your room during your stay. We do provide additional towels or other amenities upon request.
- Our bathrooms were always sanitized using a Clorox based cleaner. This practice continues.
- Additional attention is being paid to guest rooms where a hospital-grade disinfectant is being used on all high-touch surfaces along with other cleaners.
- Our tables in the dining room are adequately spaced out, and we’ve added additional seating in the sun room. You also have the option to have breakfast brought to your room.
- We’re asking that if you are in a common area to please wear a mask and observe social distancing practices when other guests are present.
- To limit personal contact with guests, we are posting check-in instructions on the front door prior to your arrival directing you to your room. To officially check in, just call or text to let us know you’ve arrived.
So there you have it! In a nutshell, that is what we’re doing here at The Peaceful Pelican to keep you and our staff safe. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Summer is here, and it’s a great time to be on the bay! Book your stay with confidence knowing that we’re just as concerned for your health and well-being as we are for our own and that we’re doing everything we possibly can to make your stay not only comfortable, but safe as well.
Leave a Reply